Some of y’all have been long time followers and supporters of the blog but some of you are new to Diamonds on Her Soul. I wanted to re-introduce myself and tell you a few facts about myself and DOHS:
(1) I work full-time as an attorney in the area of family law. I really enjoy the work that I do by day and I love blogging by night. I found a passion for litigation during law school and knew I wanted to practice in an area that involved litigation. As you can imagine, being an attorney and blogging is often difficult to juggle. Currently I’m writing this post going on about 5 hours of sleep (and this girl needs like 10 hours to function). I truly appreciate the positive feedback I receive from you all because that keeps me going day after day. Both practicing law and blogging require a lot of time.
(2) I’m a true crime junkie. I love all things true crime including podcasts, TV shows, and any docuseries. I listen to podcasts pretty much everyday on my commute to and from work. My favorite podcast is Sword & Scale. I’m always interested in true stories and learning the ins and outs of why certain crimes happen. I worked in the area of criminal law before becoming an attorney so I guess I still have that spirit in me. Currently, I’m watching Law and Order: The Menendez Brothers. My whole family is now addicted. I love to discuss high-profile and newsworthy cases with friends and family.
(3) I am happily married. We have been married for 5 years and we’ve been together for 8 years. We met during college and knew it was meant to be. We got married in Charleston, SC about two weeks after I graduated from undergrad. Evan is so supportive of everything I do. I’m pretty sure I could say “I think I want to be an Astronaut” and without a beat he would say “okay, let’s do it.” Evan jumped at the opportunity to be my photographer for DOHS. He has learned along the way how to shoot and edit fashion blog photos (which is not easy).
(4) We are currently building a house. We are super excited and anxious to move-in. Our estimated move-in date is December. Our first house sold very quickly so this process has been a swift one. We are probably most excited about having a yard for our two dogs. Our old house had a very small yard and it just wasn’t feasible long-term. We spend most of our weekends preparing for our new house. We officially have our couches, patio furniture, end tables, rugs, and home decor items. We still have a lot to do but we are incredibly excited for this new adventure.
(5) I love calling Charlotte home. Every time I leave, I’m always thankful to be back in this beautiful city. As a kid, we used to drive by Charlotte and I was in total awe of the big buildings and bright lights. I never dreamed I would be living here 20 years later. Charlotte has a southern but modern feel. The people are great and the city is thriving with young professionals. We have great sports teams, delicious food, and beautiful areas to live. I can’t imagine living anywhere else (even though traffic is no joke)
(6) I am gluten and dairy free. I have gastrointestinal issues that limit the types of foods I can have and feel good eating. I have been gluten and dairy free for about 3 years now. It’s really hard because I am a huge fan of bread, ice cream, cake, and the like. Luckily, I’ve found some gluten and dairy free food I can really enjoy. When I first when gluten and dairy free, it was really tough. I’m thankful so many restaurants in Charlotte are accommodating to allergies.
(7) My family and I are huge Disney fans. We are annual pass holders and go to Disney World 3-4 times a year. There is just something magical about Disney that I can’t describe. Growing up as a 90’s girl… Disney has always been a huge part of my life. We have a few trips coming up and I can’t wait to go! We all love trying out new resorts and restaurants. I have a few blog posts on the topic if you are interested. I usually get a lot of questions about planning Disney vacations and the best places to go.
(8) I’ve been blogging a little over two years now. I won’t lie and say it’s always been an easy process but my goal has always been to inspire people to fulfill their soul whether that is fashion, yoga, family, faith or your career. I want to inspire people to live their best selves and feel great about what they are wearing while pursuing their goals. The name of my blog was inspired by Paul Simon’s “Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes.” My favorite part of the song is the line “People say she’s crazy. She’s got diamonds on the soles of her shoes. Well, thats one way to lose these walking blues.” That line always stuck with me because when you look your best, you feel positive in everything you pursue.
(9) I am an Alpha Xi Delta Alum. I pledged during my second semester of college and I met a lot of great people in my organization and other organizations. Evan is a Pi Kappa Phi Alum and thats sort of how we met. If you are thinking about going greek at your school, I highly recommend it. I learned so much and it turned out to be a great opportunity for me.
(10) We have two dogs who are often featured on the blog. Bella is 8 years old and she is a white standard poodle. We adopted her about 3 months before we got married. Bo is 5 years old and he is a maltipoo (maltese and poodle mix). We got him about a few weeks after we got married. We’ve had him since he was 8 weeks old. They make our lives so much more fun and we are so thankful to have them both. They might drive us a little nutty sometimes but we wouldn’t have it any other way.