I’m sure by now you have heard of LipSense products. I’ll be honest, I was super skeptical of multi-level marketing brands but this one peeked my interest for several reasons. First, I’ve loved lip gloss since middle school. My lips tend to get dry and matte lipgloss such as the Kylie Jenner lip kits were never my thing. Second, my friends raved about this product for months.
I met a fellow blogger, April from www.smidgeofthis.com and she generously sent me a gloss to try. I had the opportunity to try one of the hottest colors out right now, “Coral-Lina”. This gloss is limited edition and has a tinge of coral. I’ve worn this product for a week now and I don’t think I’ve ever been more obsessed with a product and here is why:
(1) Stays On: It literally stays on all day. I just re-apply the gloss to add shine during the day. Running to Court and drafting documents does lend itself to reapplying lip glosses 10x a day. So usually by like 2 p.m. I look like I’ve never seen lipstick in my life. Last week, I was shocked that every time I looked at myself in the mirror at work I still looked polished after running around the office. I was very impressed to say the least.
(2) No Stains: This lipgloss is kissable and by that I mean it doesn’t transfer from your lips. The first morning I tried it, I walked down to the kitchen and kissed Evan on the cheek. Absolutely no color transferred, and he became a fan too. Most importantly, LipSense does not transfer color onto your clothes. I can not tell you how many shirts, jeans, and bags have been ruined by lip glosses making contact with my favorite items. Thankfully, those days are over now.
(3) Perfect for the Blog: I love shooting in my LipSense because it doesn’t transfer when I’m switching out clothes but also because the color stays consistent during my looks. If you are a teacher or a professional, this product is great because you continuously look great during the day with parent/teacher meetings or meetings with clients. I want to add more LipSense to my collection. I love the “Coral-Lina” but I am wanting to try some pinks for an everyday look.
If you decide to purchase LipSense, April is amazing and you can contact her through her blog and via Instagram (@smoochbyapril). Here are a few tips and tricks I learned while using LipSense:
(1) Make sure you wash your lips with a warm towel before applying. If old lipstick or makeup is on your lips, it will burn a little when you apply. I always use a warm towel before applying.
(2) It is recommended that you apply the gloss 3x. I found that it was a little too bright for my taste so I typically apply the color twice. I wait about 10 seconds in between and I keep my lips separated.
(3) Don’t forget the corners of your mouth! The first time I applied, I didn’t do the corners of my mouth well and had to correct it. I touch the end of the applicator to the corners of my mouth to get full coverage.
In my truly unbiased opinion, I LOVED this product. I love it enough that I plan on getting more colors for my personal use. This product is so ideal for the girl-on-the-go. I’ve even convinced my mom to buy some given she was a skeptic too. If you are unsure of this product, give it a try. I think you will be hooked like me!